@TrieuA Allen Trieu
"Should be news coming on one of the Midwest's best..."
"Good news coming this week for #Michigan"
This basically means that another commitment is going to happen in the next few days. I'm hoping that the tweets are indeed connected, which would mean Michigan is about to land a big time prospect. Assuming this, here are some candidates:
- TE Ron Thompson: He's scout.com's #5 TE so he would qualify as one of the Midwest's best.
- DE Chris Wormley: Oh my...if Wormley commits then the Michigan fan base will pretty much go crazy...in a good way.
- LB James Ross: With Bolden committing, maybe Ross has decided now is the time for him?
- DT Sheldon Day: We know he likes UM a lot, but he plans a late decision.
- OT Jordan Diamond: He favors UM, but wants to take his officials.
- QB Gunner Kiel: We can dream...
I honestly have no idea who it could be. But I doubt it will be Godin or Thompson, given they've set announcement dates for about 11 days away.
Interesting but pointless facts:
1) So far all of UM's commits have come from Ohio or Michigan. The number of commits from one state has never exceeded the other by more than one. It's currently Ohio 4, Michigan 3. So for this pattern to hold, the next commit must be from Michigan.
2) So far all of UM's commits have come in pairs, sorted by position. Firstly they had 2 OL commits, then 2 LB commits, then 2 TE commits. We have just had a LB commit, so for this pattern to hold, the next commit must also be a LB.
So...if we consider both of these together, James Ross is the next commit? :P