The big event this weekend was the ESPN Gridiron Kings 7 0n 7 at Disney World Wide Sports, in which the Southeast team cruised to victory - they didn't concede a touchdown in their last three games! This was largely due to superb play from their safeties, Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix and Karlos Williams (defensive MVP). On with the updates...
- Demetrius Hart confirms Michigan as his leader and cuts Auburn completely from his list - if you go back to the spring game, I did say Auburn wasn't a contender because his Mom hated it. Anyway Hart is a lock now, its just a matter of when he'll visit and commit.
- When Hart does visit, the interesting thing will be who he brings with him. It looks like both Clinton-Dix and Karlos Williams will take all five officials, and both could end up traveling to Michigan with Dee. Clinton-Dix is the more likely, as Williams named about 10 schools he wants to visit. Hart's teammate LaQuentin Smith could also be in that group.
- ESPN 150 (yes, I'm starting to use ESPN rankings now) defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan has named a top five that includes Michigan. He also stated that he won't be deciding anytime soon, which makes me believe UM is very likely to get an official this fall. The other schools were Florida (presumed leader), LSU, Alabama and Florida State - which sounds like very tough competition.
- The midwest team at the 7 on 7 had a few familiar faces, but the team struggled badly and came last overall. Shaq Washington was a bright spot at WR, and DeAnthony Arnett was good too. Doran Grant had a bad day.
- O-Lineman Chris Bryant visited Michigan this weekend, the Illinois prospect came away very happy with the trip. He's thought to have UM as his leader, but there was no commitment this weekend.