After a 2-0 start to the season, including a huge win over Notre Dame in South Bend, things are really looking up for Michigan on the field. That success quickly translates to recruiting as well, and right now Michigan is in a position to land a really top notch class. I count 13 ESPN 150 prospects that are still considering UM. Some are real longshots, some are locks, here's a quick run down.
- RB Demetrius Hart (Orlando, FL); Grade - 80. Ranking - #122
- CB Dallas Crawford (Fort Myers, FL); Grade - 80. Ranking - #143
- FS Avery Walls (McDonough, GA); Grade - 81. Ranking - #61
Still in the Mix
- Sammy Watkins (Fort Myers, FL); Grade - 81. Ranking - #52
- Tim Jernigan (Lake City, FL); Grade - 82. Ranking - #30
- Cyrus Hobbi (Scottsdale, AZ); Grade - 82. Ranking - #31
- Mickey Johnson (Covington, LA); Grade - 80. Ranking - #118
- Doran Grant (Akron, OH); Grade - 81. Ranking - #65
Possible, Not Probable
- Ray Drew (Thomasville, GA); Grade - 87. Ranking - #3
- Gabe Wright (Columbus, GA); Grade - 81. Ranking - #92
- Demetrious Nicholson (Virginia Beach, VA); Grade 81. Ranking - #91
Commits that will visit
- Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix (Orlando, FL); Grade - 83. Ranking - #23
- Karlos Williams (Davenport, FL); Grade - 83. Ranking - #20
With only a small amount of scholarships left, and several other four star prospects that still favor Michigan (Anthony Zettel, AJ Jordan, Kris Frost), the class of 2011 should fill out quite nicely with some real big time recruits. Last year only Devin Gardner made the 150, although Michigan did sort of land #12 overall prospect Demar Dorsey.
Over the next few weeks, I'll be going over all the prospects still on Michigan's board and giving you a rough idea of UM's chances in signing them.