Wednesday 5 August 2009

ESPN player rankings are released

ESPN's scout.inc released their player rankings for the class of 2010 today, lets find where those Michigan committs ended up in the ESPN 150!!

Well, I start at the top of the list and keep scrolling down in search of Devin Gardner's name....keep searching....keep searching....

There he is, all the way back at 117th....To say I'm dissapointed is an understatement, after being invited to the Elite 11 camp and performing so well, I really expected him to land a top 50 place, I'm still hoping he will when Rivals and Scout.com release their next rankings.

Then I discover that Gardner is the only Michigan commit in the ESPN 150....what the hell? Sometimes it really amazes me how different these different sites grade their prospects.

Scout.com's #5 prospect Andrew Norwell is rated 115th on ESPN, of course, he committed to Ohio State so I guess that is good news. Justin McCay (#3 prospect on scout.com) now finds himself 143rd on ESPN....ouch, thats a big fall.

Where is Cullen Christian? He is graded 79 overall and did not make the 150. Sharrif Floyd recently broke into the Rivals top 10, he only just made it into the top half of the ESPN150 at #74.

Seantrel Henderson, who is ranked by both rivals and scout.com to be the #1 prospect in the nation, only finds himself 4th on ESPN. 

Not too promising for Michigan in terms of class ranking, I guess I'll just keep using scout and rivals for rating analysis!

No comments:

Post a Comment