The regular season is over, and since there is no bowl game for Michigan, the focus now switches to recruiting...which is great for me! Anyway, on with the news.
- Inkster high school has advanced to the division 2 state championship game after a 12-3 victory yesterday. Inkster is lead by UM commit Devin Gardner, who rushed for a 12 yard TD to secure the victory in the 4th quarter. #
- On the subject of Devin, he obviously couldn't be in Ann Arbor on Saturday, so instead he turned up to the hoops game on Friday night to greet the recruits there, like Tony Jefferson, Ken Stills etc.
- And on the subject of those Californians, how did they find the visit to Michigan? WR commit Ricardo Miller had his recruiting hat on again this weekend, and spoke a lot to the three prospects, and they all seemed to love the trip. He also got to know Big Tex Beachum, the DT.
- Speaking of Jatashun Beachum (you see how this post is flowing?), Sam Webb of scout.com spoke to the Big man's high school coach who said Big Tex MIGHT be ready to pull the trigger and commit. The visit clearly went great, and Michigan is most likely in the lead for the prospect. He will probably go home first and talk things over with his family etc, but he probably will commit sooner rather than later.
- Josh Furman had a monster day at running back this week, racking up 414 yards on the ground...check out the highlights here.
- Two star safety Ray Vinopal also came away impressed with the Michigan game, and the Wolverines are probably at the top of his list right now. Clearly RR and the boys see something that the recruiting sites don't, although saying that his stock is definitely on the rise this fall.
Last note, don't forget Tuesday is the big day, Cullen Christian announcement, Michigan are favorites!