Someone just tweeted that Zach Banner is on the field dancing around, and now I'm thinking, is this the greatest official visit possible? Think of the circumstances:
- It's the first night game at the biggest stadium in the country, and for the program with the most all time wins.
- It's a big time rivalry game between two historic CFB programs, both with lot's to prove.
- It's a season defining game for Notre Dame, and maybe for Michigan too.
- UM were down by 17 points and looked dead and buried. The hero of last season (Denard) is having a poor game and Michael Floyd is owning the UM secondary. But then UM stages one of the greatest comebacks of all time!!!!
- It's an attendance record! The crowd is electric too (or so it looked :P )
- Instead of taking the safe route and setting up an easy FG, Michigan goes for glory and wins with 2 secs remaining.
All of this makes it possibly the perfect official visit. The only way you could make this better is if the opponents were OSU....but that's asking a little too much.
5:00am here but I'm way too excited to sleep, time to go check out Damefan1's new blog! If you don't remember, Damefan1 is a die hard Irish fan who for the 2009 and 2010 games posted pre game prediction videos on youtube that were simply hilarious. Anyways, now he has a blog!
Update: No reaction from him yet :(