After Wormley's commitment this weekend, there are only 5 projected spaces left in this year's class; and the season hasn't even started yet! Crazy. Anyway, let's take a look at the realistic targets left on UM's board, and see when they might be thinking of making a decision.
- OT Jordan Diamond: As you read this I think Jordan is currently on campus at Ole Miss, having visited Arkansas yesterday. He's liking what he sees and will more than likely revisit some SEC schools on official visits. So it looks like his commitment might take a while to come, but in the end I think Michigan will hold off the challengers.
- WR Dwayne Stanford: I've recently seen two 'top five' lists for Dwayne, one included Michigan, the other did not. I suspect Michigan is still in with a chance here, given that he grew up liking UM and that he hasn't even visited yet. He'll be taking all his officials, and one should be to UM before deciding around October-November.
- WR Jehu Chesson: He visited for the BBQ with his family and they all seemed to have a great time. He's another guy that will want to take his visits, but Michigan should have a good chance here. Missouri will also be right in there at the death, as might Indiana; who he recently visited.
- WR Amara Darboh: Another recent visitor to Ann Arbor, Darboh came away very impressed and I think Michigan is definitely in his top group, if not the outright leader. He'll take some visits, but could still be a mid-season decision. Note that if one of the three receivers mentioned were to randomly commit early, then the other two might be rushed into a decision of their own.
- TE Ron Thompson: Michigan is still under consideration for Thompson along with Syracuse and Maryland. He wants to play for Michigan, but something is holding him back; maybe UM only wants 2 TE's, or maybe there is something else.
Edit: how could I have forgot him?!!!
- RB Brionte Dunn: He visited for the BBQ and liked what he saw. The OSU sanctions will be announced at tge start of the season if I remember correctly; shortly before Dunn is set to take an official to UM for the ND game. So those first couple weeks in September should decide his recruitment!