Ok, there are some pretty big changes in the ideal class list, so this post is basically to justify them.
- Firstly, Gunner Kiel's addition might surprise a few of you, but there isn't actually another QB that is as high on Michigan as Kiel is! Therefore he's the most likely to end up in the class.
- Next, I've taken out Ron Thompson. His situation is a real mystery, and the longer it goes on, the more I doubt it. So for now, he's out, and Michigan doesn't take a 3rd TE.
- I've increased the number of OL taken to five, this is based on the number of recruits who seem interested in Michigan, and how heavily they are recruiting the position.
- I've also added a 5th DE, because the way UM is recruiting those Ohio DEs (relentlessly), I can't possibly see how they don't take at least five. Strobel is added in as the 5th guy, as he seems high on Michigan after his visit. FWIW, you could consider it 4 DEs, and 5 LBs, because Mario Ojemudia is looking like a rush OLB right now; things would have to change a lot for him to be a DE, although there is plenty of time.
- At DT, Sheldon Day is out of the class. He plans a late decision (late for UM's standards anyway), and this could cost him a place assuming Michigan only takes two guys at DT. I think there's a good chance Michigan wins the battle for Jaleel Johnson and Ondre Pipkins, both of whom are likely to decide before Sheldon Day. I like Day a lot as a prospect, but all three are very talented, so I'd be happy with any combination of them.
- At DB, we now know that Michigan plans to take four guys, two at each position. TR has already locked down one of the corner spots, and I believe Allen Gant will do the same at Safety in the next month or so. Then it's likely Michigan takes Wayne Morgan and Anthony Standifer as hybrid guys, meaning their position will be decided once they get on campus and have a few practices. Unfortunately this leaves out Armani Reeves, who has UM in his top two. There's still a chance for Reeves, but he'd have to beat the others to the punch, and I don't see that happening. Penn State could also be hard to beat out, whilst with Morgan and Standifer, the competition is less worrying.
Anyway, that's the changes. I'd consider a few of them pretty significant ones. Send me in any questions you have regarding them, either in the comments section below or via Twitter.
The Ideal Class link is as always at the top of the page, or right here!