To say this recruiting weekend went well would be a huge understatement. Michigan scored three commits yesterday, and its looking like two more might join the fold.
- As I tweeted a few hours ago (follow me on Twitter!!!), Frank Clark really enjoyed his trip to Michigan. He's being recruited for defense by the way; which gave Greg Mattison the chance to show off his recruiting skills that we've been hearing about. Clark got to hang out with Denard, Devin and Cam Gordon; who all made a big impression on him.
Michigan was a co-leader for Clark during the season, but he's really liking the new coaching staff; if he were to announce tomorrow, it would be Michigan. As it turns out, we'll have to wait until Friday, so hopefully nothing will go wrong between now and then.
- Leilon Willingham doesn't have his announcement date set just yet, but whenever it is, you should probably expect him to pick Michigan. Leilon is a big fan of Greg Mattison, and he was blown away by what Michigan has to offer. Willingham got on well with the players (Denard is a recruiting tool like no other!) and also the other recruits like Justice Hayes and Frank Clark.
Justice Hayes tweeted that one more visitor planned to commit, and Sam Webb is saying there could be at least one silent commit right now. Just got to figure out which one it could be...
In other news:
- Tony Posada is once again a firm commitment to Michigan
- Darian Cooper had a very good time on his Iowa trip, he visited with a current teammate (Cyrus Kouandjio: top10 player nationally) and got hosted by a former teammate in Marcus Coker. The Hawkeyes could be tough to top right now. As for Michigan, well Greg Mattison got in contact with Cooper after the Iowa trip, so maybe he's convinced him to visit next weekend, thats all we can hope for.
- Hakeem Flowers has committed to N.C State, this makes some sense after last nights post that Michigan pulled his offer.